Do your brakes squeal or grind? Or make jerky stops? Those are warning signs that you need services on your brakes. Beck’s Garage offers quality brake repair services in Oklahoma City, OK. Your car’s brakes should be examined at least once a year for the safety of you and your family. Preserving your vehicle’s brakes is among the most crucial measures you could take.
Call Beck’s Garage for premium brake repair in Oklahoma City, OK. Make an appointment today.
Brakes are one of the most important safety attributes on your vehicle. There are 2 types of braking systems on most cars: traditional brakes and anti-lock braking system (ABS). A typical braking system is composed of the rotor, the caliper, and brake pads or shoes. If your brake pads wear and are not changed, the rotors could need to be replaced as well.
*If you have malfunctioning brakes, call us for an estimate to get your car back on the road
Brake Repair Service Tips
Follow these pointers to help keep your brakes working effectively:
- Have your brakes inspected at least once a year, and more often if you typically drive in city traffic or live in a location with a lot of hills
- Never drive with the parking brake on
- Have brake fluid checked and changed as required, but if you must add fluid more than every couple of months, you may have a leak
Have your mechanic at Beck’s Garage check your brakes right away if you observe any of the following:
- A high-pitched squeak when you push the brakes
- A scraping or grinding sound when not braking, this also can be a sign of a brake or bearing problem and must be checked immediately
- Shaking or vibration during braking
- Using more pressure than normal when trying to stop
- Car Pulls to one side when braking
- Making a stop takes longer than usual