One of the most important parts of vehicle upkeep is replacing old, worn-out tires. Beck’s Garage supports over 20 top tire brands like Goodyear, Firestone, Pirelli, Hankook, Uniroyal, Cooper, Nitto, Toyo, and many more top tire brands.
Routine tire maintenance is important – both to keep your family safe, and to ensure your vehicle’s long lifespan. Always check your owner’s manual to find the right tire size to fit your vehicle’s year, make, and model. New tires should be purchased in sets of 4, or at least in matching groups of two on each axle. This keeps your tire wear even and extends the life of your new tires.
Beck’s Garage has quality affordable tire services, including new or seasonal tire installation, flat tire repair, tire balancing, tire rotation, and wheel alignments in Oklahoma City, OK and surrounding areas. Make an appointment today.
Why replace your tires: All tire tread has a finite lifespan and begins to wear, eventually creating a potential safety hazard for you and your passengers. Tire wear happens with typical driving, although various other factors such as driving habits, driving conditions, and weather may shorten the life of your tires.
You might need new tires if:
- Your tread is below 4/32″, or cannot pass the “penny” test
- Footstep is visibly lowered or flush with the tread bars
- Uneven tread wear
- Bulges, bumps, or soft spots on the tire
- Damage to the tire that cannot be mended
Our mechanics at Beck’s Garage are trained on proper tire installation. New tire installation consists of:
- Checking the lug nuts for wear
- Installing new valve stems
- Mounting the tires
- Correct balancing of the wheels
- Inspecting the disc brake caliper clearance
- Measuring the space between calipers, tires and rims to inspect for potential obstructions
- Tightening lugs to correct torque